3/30/2020 Deload

Deload Day

Touch-n-go Bench Press
195x5 3 Sets

Close-grip Bench Press
135x15

Yates Rows
95x10 3 Sets



What is a deload? 

To continue getting stronger a break is needed from the grind of continually adding weight and/or volume.

Volume is the main driver of fatigue. So a deload is on the low end of volume but a little on the heavy side. This lowers fatigue but maintains size and strength. In my case today this meant using 195lbs for three sets of five where my working sets on this recently was 240lbs, or about 80%. So very easy weight but enough to maintain strength while lowering fatigue built up from a month's worth of hard training. 

I have to admit I wasn't feeling it today. This pandemic just had me down I guess. On Sunday I watched a sermon online. The preacher said that while we're all experiencing the same thing, we're not "all in the same boat".  Some of us are in a pretty comfortable boat, some in battleships, some in kayaks.

God help us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Post Retirement Bench Guy